YDC Session Dancers are expected to arrive to all dance classes, performances and community events with the following in mind:
HUMANS FIRST, DANCE SECOND.
Spacial awareness is required in dance class. We ask dancers to respect the personal space of the other people in the studio or on stage.
OUR COMMITMENTS ARE STRONGER THAN OUR MOODS.
A lot can happen in 10 Weeks. We commit to one another that each week we show up for ourselves and our team. You can't always drop your bad days, but we can dance through them and lean on our community for positive energy.
EMPOWERMENT OVER COMPETITION.
We rise by lifting others. We encourage all of our dance to express works and actions of empowerment while engaging in all YDC-affiliated classes, events and gatherings.
- Please keep your phones on silent while in dance class
- Please wait to be asked to take your phones out in Drop-In Classes
- Please keep your dance bags and water bottles out of the way in studio for the safety of those using the space.
- Please do not enter a Closed Rehearsal or Drop-In
- Please cheer VERY LOUDLY in dance class when watching your peers perform
- Please tag @yourdanceclass in all social media posts on Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok